Mentoring Referral Checklist
1. IDENTIFY a student who could benefit from an adult mentor. Download Counselor Information Packet which includes student selection criteria
3. ASK faculty, staff, and friends if they are interested in mentoring. Any mentors you refer will be placed at your school. You are your own best resource. HERE is a copy of a wonderful letter that one of our counselors used to reach out to an individual she knew would make a great mentor. Have them go to the website and download the forms to mentor today! Link is HERE.
4. Once we find a mentor, WE WILL CONTACT you. You will then be allowed to INVITE the student into the program to be matched with a mentor, explaining to the child what a mentor is.
5. If the student is interested CONTACT the parent, by phone for verbal permission. The parent is told that forms will be sent home with the child that day and will need to be completed and returned the following day.
8. FAX all forms to The Mentoring Network at (208) 454-8809.
9. The Executive Director will call the school to set up a “match meeting” at the next convenient time.